I’ve been told that by a good source -in his words:
I’m told bloggers can use the media inquiry page to register for the showcase (Ed Note: the April 6 Event at the Metro Toronto Convention Center) event, and language about bloggers should be up shortly…No cost, you’re registering as media. I don’t know how many, etc. Sarah Bain’s info is in the form;I’d suggest her as the for more info..
The media accreditation form of which he refers to is at this link:
I’ve already sent in my application, plus an inquiry on when the last day to register for accreditation is, whether or not they intend to [...]
I got the questions finished last night and have submitted them to people I know on 4 of the campaigns: George Takach, Marc Garneau, Deborah Coyne and Joyce Murray.
I’m still looking around trying to find out who to talk to on the Justin Trudeau/Martha Hall Findlay /David Bertschi/Martin Cauchon/Karen McCrimmon teams as to who to submit these 6 Questions for the leader candidates to respond to (if they so choose to answer, of course -that would be noted on the blog and the aggregates it goes to as well).
If any on those teams or in the know would like to direct me to who I’d submit these [...]
So after a successful OLP Convention where several bloggers were accredited (and others were blogging as delegates and alternates), here’s a brief look ahead at where I hope to be social media and blogging:
-I’m finishing up with drafting the final questions to submit to the Federal Liberal Leadership candidates, as I did with the provincial Liberal leadership ones. I’ll probably get them done tomorrow, as the Federal Liberal Candidates are taking one on one interviews in Winnipeg, and I’d like to see what they get asked… as I’m trying to formulate 5 6 unique questions for them, but which can be answered by all so we can all compare [...]
In brief, since I’m typing on a Via Rail train headed home (back tomorrow AM for 2nd round voting):
-Wynne’s team is very media-savvy; five different volunteers spotted my “media/blogger badge” and handed me her media guide (I have 5 of them, + a button).
- Kennedy was next most prominent with his team.. we spotted him a couple of times in the AM checking things out with his team and delegates. Also, a thumbs up to one of his media relations folks Denise Brundson, (who I know from her federal associations and also when she blogged) for inviting me as a blogger to his open house.. but I [...]
So I’m in Toronto at Maple Leafs Gardens, (or at Mickey Flynn’s eating lunch at the moment using the free wi-fi) with Jim Calder of The Progressive Right. Seen a few friends and acquaintances here, and the Bloggers Table Vantage Point is pretty sweet.
We’ve seen a Kathleen Wynne press conference here in the foyer; where she interestingly made the point she doesnt have to have a by-election; she’s already elected as an MPP, and she will reconvene the Legislature Fe 19, so she obviously thinks that’s a big issue, trying to distinguish herself from Pupatello
Outside, we have some protesters from the Farmers and Horses First group – “Farmers [...]
A reminder to those who blog (of any political persuasion): today is the last day for you to send in your application to the Ontario Liberal Party to be accredited to cover their Leadership Convention next week. I understand they’ll be letting folks know that they’ve been accepted by Wed the 23rd. (Convention starts on Friday).
A Draft agenda of the OLP Convention is here (and there is no Sunday schedule on it, because they obviously won’t know until later Saturday whether they need to do voting or otherwise on Sunday)
Looking forward to seeing fellow bloggers and party acquaintances there.
A couple of items that have caught my attention:
- There has been a rising chorus of folks that have been allied with Chief Teresa Spence publicly saying that they feel she should end her hunger strike; Those now include Grand Chief Matthew Coon Come (he of the Cree in Northern Quebec that took on the Quebec government over hydroelectric development), noted NDP commentator, Gerry Caplan, and now Leader of the Opposition/NDP leader Thomas Mulcair. I agree with these calls, even as I am in sympathy with her. She may not have had the PM and the Governor-General in the same room, but she still got to meet both separately, [...]
I spoke with Christine McMillan by phone today, and I have some more information from her regarding the accreditation process:
- The blogger accreditation form will be up at the main website of the OLP soon (as soon as things settle down there re the weekend events). They will announce when it is up on their Twitter account (@OntLiberal), and probably a website release (and I think she will be firing off an email to me as well, so I can relay it).
- She did not have a number for me as to how many bloggers they are going to be admitting; it will depend primarily upon space. I [...]
I received an email this evening from Christine McMillan. She is the Secretary General of the upcoming OLP Leadership and the VP of Communications for OLP. She has sent me more details about blogger accreditation to the OLP, and its all very good. I wanted to repost her email word for word, but as I dont have her permission yet to do that (she’s not responded to my request), I’ll paraphrase what she said, as I know lots of bloggers are wondering, judging from the communications I’ve been getting:
- The OLP will have a dedicated space for the accredited bloggers to work from in the concourse area. – The [...]
This was just tweeted on the Ontario Liberal Party Twitter account;
Great news obviously. Also obviously, we will need more details on the process involved in applying for accreditation, what accreditation gives us, who our contact person will be for this, and at the OLP Convention, etc. but I am pleased to see this is the decision.