Warren K. made reference to a speech that Deputy Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff made at the Economic Club of Canada this morning that he praises and wishes the Liberals would have made a lot earlier. I don’t think it’s too late yet however to start drilling this message into people’s heads. (It’s not just making charges of a “hidden agenda” either. I think we’ve seen enough of Harper to know what he’d do if given a majority government).
Parts of the speech I liked: Iggy shows that Harper and the Conservative Party are NOT the best party to be the economic stewards for Canada, by listing what has happened to Canada since Harper and the Cons took over:
· The worst performance in the G8.
· Negative growth in GDP through the first half of this year.
· Government accounts on the brink of deficit.
· No contingency left in the budget. No margin for error.
· The worst productivity picture in 18 years productivity growth has been negative this year.
· Stephen Harper is the first Prime Minister in 50 years to preside over an actual decline in Canadian productivity.
Check out the very excellent speech in the PDF file below.
Iggy speech to Economic Club of Canada.